What about liability?
Food donations are protected by federal law. The Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act was passed in 1996 and protects everyone in the food donation cycle, except in cases of gross negligence.
Learn more about the Act below:
What about food safety?
At Cultivate, food safety is our number one concern:
- All of our food partners are required to have a licensed, health inspected kitchen.
- Our kitchen is licensed, and health inspected.
- Food is temp-checked regularly to ensure safety.
- All of our staff are serve-safe certified and trained on proper food handling.
- All of our volunteers are trained on food safety and proper food handling.